There are expenses that accumulate during probate, and these costs reduce the inheritances that will ultimately be distributed to the heirs. In addition to the money factor, there is the matter of time. Inheritances are not distributed until after the process has been completed, and it can take close to a year, even if there are no snags.
Topics covered in this report include:
- Payable on Death Accounts
- Joint Tenancy
- Life Insurance Policies
- Proactive Probate Avoidance Strategies
Click here to read the whole article or download the PDF.
- What Is the Difference Between a General and a Limited Power of Attorney? - May 24, 2015
- What Is a QDOT Trust? - May 22, 2015
- Do You Have to Impoverish Yourself to Qualify for Medicaid? - May 19, 2015