The first thing that we should point out about the estate tax is the fact that it is not applicable on transfers between spouses. If you are legally married in the eyes of the law, you can transfer unlimited assets to your spouse without incurring any estate tax liability.
Topics covered in this report include:
- Unlimited Marital Deduction
- Federal Estate Tax Deduction
- Federal Gift Tax
- State-Level Estate Tax
Click here to read the whole article or download the PDF.
- What Is the Difference Between a General and a Limited Power of Attorney? - May 24, 2015
- What Is a QDOT Trust? - May 22, 2015
- Do You Have to Impoverish Yourself to Qualify for Medicaid? - May 19, 2015